Thanksgiving is about love not Haters

Dear Thanksgiving Haters,

I hear you’re wanting to start your Christmas celebrating early. You’re all “Christmas is fun” and “Christmas has cool music” and “Christmas is  the perfect excuse for overconsumption and debt all in the name of God coming down to earth in the humble form of a baby”.

Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving is just a speed bump on the way to a REAL holiday, right?

WRONG. So freaking wrong, it isn’t even funny. It isn’t even American. You are an American, aren’t you?

Well, if you are an American then you better put your Pilgrim hat on and give a big ‘preciate ya to the Native Americans from whom we stole this beautiful land. Unless you’re a terrorist or something…

Happy NON-terrorist Thanskgiving from the McKinney-Oates Family!
(This photo is from 2008. There WILL be an updated pic on Thursday. Trust.)

9 thoughts on “Thanksgiving is about love not Haters

1. Sam Davidson says:

Thanksgiving has no:
    – songs
    – presents
    – trees
    – candy

It loses.

Sincerely,
    Terrorist Sam

Dear Terrorist Sam,

That Thanksgiving lacks these “features” is precisely what makes it awesome. Also, Thanksgiving lacks stress, something Christmas provides more than enough of.

Sincerely,
    Marie “The Sarah Palin of Holiday Rogue-ocity” McKinney-Oates

2. Chelsea Hurst says:

I love Thanksgiving!!! I love Christmas more, but I still love Thanksgiving!

I’m happy as long as we give Thanksgiving it’s proper time in the spotlight.

3. Angelia says:

I love the indian cat. He looks very happy. I should make tiny costumes for my hamsters. Thanksgiving is a great holiday. I actually dread Christmas with all the travel and money spending and guilt, etc. I’ll pass, kthanks.

Amen! It’s the stress that comes with Christmas that I hate, and I love how Thanksgiving is purely about being with your family and eating. And hamster costumes would be AWESOME! Do it.

4. Michelle Ziegler Ashburn says:

I love Thanksgiving because I love to cook!

By-the-way, I am pretty sure you are a government watch list. You use the word terrorist way too much on your blog.

And I love it because I love to eat! Ha, we’re like a match made in heaven.

I so thought about the whole T-word thing, but then I thought screw it. If they want to put me in jail for defending my right to eat turkey WITHOUT “Santa Baby” playing on 92.9 then so be it. I’m a woman of principles.

5. Master Rebekah says:

Preach it, sister.

Ha! Love it.

6. Linda says:

Both holidays are great if we just really understand and celebrate it for what its all about and its purpose.

You’re right, I just wish people would give Thanksgiving a little bit more respect.

7. Linda says:

Also, people are in a hurry to get to the next holiday that they forget to enjoy the moment the present the today.

Mom, I love it when you start handing out your nuggets of wonderful spiritual wisdom. Boo-yah, 92.9 and playing your Christmas music already!

8. Fall is my favorite time of year. It’s not too hot or cold, the colors are beautiful, and it’s just a festive time. The family photo is very cute! If I don’t see you on the blog before the big Turkey day — Here’s wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving! Anita 😎

9. drtombibey says:

Amen. I always tell folks unless they are Native American they came here from somewhere else. I love Thanksgiving too and wrote up what I am thankful for on my blog today.

drtombibey.wordpress.com