1. Mark is Superman. He drove the entire trip and never subjected me (or himself or the other drivers on the road) to the torture of my stick shift skillz. He’s a good man.
2. We’re in Monclova, Mexico. We’ve been to a Christmas Eve party, church service and wedding so far. The people here are seriously SO nice. They also have a McDonald’s. And a Burger King. My kind of place.
3. I don’t know what is wrong with me, but it’s been 55-65 degrees the entire time we’ve been here and I’m bundled up in sweaters and scarves. I understand that this is warm, in my world, for December but I think seeing everyone else in scarves and sweaters has convinced me this is cold.
4. I don’t know that I could have asked for better in-laws. Funny, thoughtful, generous, lots of great adjectives to use. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous. Two weeks with a family I haven’t spent much time with is scary, especially when that family comes with the label “in-laws”. However, each day I’m falling more and more in love with these wonderful people.
5. We’re getting to spend lots of time laying around “doing diddly”, as evidenced by my favorite in-law of all Mac…
Ok, that’s a quick update mostly so that no one thinks I killed us on the road. And tomorrow we’re hoping to bring you a special Mexican Domesticate Me video for your holiday viewing pleasure.