Now with Marshmallows

If we’re friends on Facebook then you’ve already read the status update:

“Mark: Are you sure it’s ok? Me: Well, you can’t get me MORE pregnant… right?”

That’s right, McKinney Oates Cereal now comes with marshmallows.

Baby shaped marshmallows.

Baby shaped marshmallows that come out of NOT baby shaped holes.

Baby shaped marshmallows that are rumored to demand to be fed every 2 hours. Even when those hours fall during prime sleep time.

No, really, I’m excited. Promise.

In all seriousness, we are surprisingly thrilled. We took a pregnancy test a few weeks ago and as Mark started the speech he has given every time I’ve taken a pregnancy test (“Marie, you’re kind of melodramatic and taking a pregnancy test every time you’re 2 days late is getting kind of old…“) he interrupted himself with a resounding:

“Oh. Shit.”

The digital thermometer pee stick thing was blinking THE word.

Pregnant. Pregnant. Pregnant.

“Oh, shit”, indeed.

I’m not going to lie. I held my breath because I had no clue how Mark was going to react to this. I mean, it was literally days ago when he was protesting the very idea of a little one, and I just wasn’t sure what this meant in his world.

But when I looked up he was smiling. Ear to ear smiling.

Again. Not going to lie. I asked him if it was a “I’m so happy!” smile or a “I’m about to have a psychotic break” smile. I really did not know, People.

He assured me it was a happy smile.

I eventually turned the analysis inward. What did I think about it? What did I think about motherhood and parenting and, uh, Marshmallow’s impending exit strategy?

I smiled, too.

Because all cereal is better with marshmallows, right?

*Note:
I am not out of the first trimester, yet. According to The Internet, I am on Week 8 and the baby is due on April 6th and it’s a girl. Part of me hesitates to put this out here so early because if there is one post I don’t want to write it is the “We miscarried” post (cue my mom rebuking the devil because I used the m-word), but I have to say that I’m really too excited to keep quiet. So rebuke away, Mom, rebuke away.

Tagged

16 thoughts on “Now with Marshmallows

1. YAY!!! Congrats!!

I’m with you, I see no point in waiting to make it public. If you do miscarry, you’ll need a support system to surround you.

We’ll be praying for your little one!! Take care of yourself and sleep sleep sleep!

Yippeee!!!! Macie can’t wait to meet her new little partner in crime, I mean, best friend! lol!

3. Oooooooooh! Cereal is ALWAYS better with marshmallows! Congratulations you guys!

4. joygwilson says:

ahhhhh congrats!!!!!!! our little babies will be friends!!!! I am so excited for you!

5. Connie says:

I”am so EXCITED!!!! only one question ya sure it’s a girl? A New Gram has be sure you know so I can do things, like shopping kinda things. ( don’t want to dress a little boy in ribbon’s and bow’s).

6. Emily Jasper says:

Whoooo! Of course cereal is better with marshmallows!

7. Shelly says:

Marshmallow? Is that a potential name, you could call it Marsha for short!

Did you realize that by saying “marshmellows”, you are suggesting that there are mutliple”marshmellows”? Just a thought! πŸ™‚

Thanks everybody! We’re pretty excited πŸ™‚

White mom (aka Connie), ha it’s not officially a girl. On the website thebump.com there is some kind of calendar that tells you what the gender is with my age and the month of conception. That calendar says it’s a girl. So we should probably hold off on shopping for a little bit πŸ™‚

Shelly, ha, Marsha would be awesome! I was just thinking “Oh, no, I’m giving birth to a first born”. You know us first borns can be real pains :p

CT, I’m now praying that there is only one marshmallow. Which would be pretty lame for a bowl of cereal, but happens to be the perfect amount of children right now.

• Secret Agent "CT" says:

ha ha I know. πŸ™‚ I was totally thinking about Mellow Mushroom when I was typing that earlier… hence the incorrect spelling. oops. ha ha!!

10. Erica says:

Awww! Cute news. Congrats!

11. Mrs. Smith says:

I just read and re-read and then re-re-read this to make sure I knew what you were saying. You know, since you’re posts are usually hilariously dripping with sarcasm I was just waiting for you to say something like it was a dream. But you never said that. And I could NOT be more happy for you!! Oh YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

12. Crystal says:

Oh wow, congratulations! Soooo, so excited for you both! Can’t wait to find out if the internet is correct on the gender prediction.

13. […] take long to realize that construction paper and marshmallows (in honor of our own little Marshmallow) would be the best route since neither of us felt like animal wrangling all […]

14. […] was thinking about that this morning and about the fact that when I first broke the news on this blog I was only 8 weeks in, and now I’m 8 weeks from being […]

15. […] adding on. We aren’t sure when and we kinda wish we could get accidentally pregnant again, but I don’t see that happening now that there’s an app for […]